Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Embroidery and Sewing Brother LB-6800


I just wanted to share some items I have created using my Brother LB-6800 Embroidery and Sewing Machine:

Added Snowflakes here-n-there ...



I sprinkled some 
mini-sized snowflakes
down across the front
to give a more three-dimensional look. 


Actually, for my first attempt, I started out simple
by trying out a one-color butterfly design
that comes already loaded onto the machine. 
















So, I cut a pair of my son's outgrown pants 
and up-cycled one of the legs into this fun purse.


I used a macrame belt as the shoulder strap.  By sewing button holes on each side I ran the belt through each hole, then tied a knot to secure the strap.  This size would hold a water bottle nicely.



Next I tried a two-color design onto this pink sweatshirt.


I think it turned out nicely.


Twin Love Birds on Blue Hoodie Sweatshirt




After that, I got brave and tried another
two-color design.



Take a look at this "Floral Horse" tote bag.


This project was supposed to be a sweatshirt but I forgot to rotate the design
so the horse turned out running down the shirt, not across.



No worries!
I cut it up and turned it into a pocket on a tote bag.






For my next project;
I started to create a
Cherry Themed Kitchen Towel Set.

So far, I have only created 2 towels of the set:

I put the Cherry Towel set on hold so I could embroider, for my husband, six of his workshirts.

He runs up the recycle program at his employer and takes great pride in doing his part to save the planet:




Next photos are of a multi-color design. 

I shoved a pillow into the shirt
to puff it up for the photos.

This project started out as a
simple one-color design
but turned into a rather more complex design.

I started with the flower,
added the butterlies ...

and then added the small flower.

I wanted to experiment with the fonts,
which came included with the machine,
so I found these cute little tote bags.
Turns out these totes were too small
to work with on the embroidery loop,
and too small to use on the sewing arm,
unless I wanted to take these apart.

So instead, I used quilt binding tape
and embroidered right onto that tape.

Then I sewed the quilting tape directly on
to the little tote bags.

I sure hope the girls like their totes!








No comments:

Post a Comment